|♦ REFRESH to rotate MAAMAW'S CLICKY NOTES thru this space..... Timely Tips, Best of the Boards & More ♦|
Be sure to visit the Current Message Board when you're finished here.
We're very friendly, so don't be shy... just jump right in and post your question.
Scams outnumber legitimate biz ops about a bzillion to one, so it's well worth your time.
|| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ||
FIB - Scams 101 - Ye Olde Archives
Posted By: Bluto Samartino In Response To: A question for Bluto (Tina)
Friday, 6 January 2006, at 1:36 p.m.
In Response To: A question for Bluto (Tina)
I merely can only give you advice. ANd my best advice I can give you is to first figure out if you are the "self-employment" type. Many people get into "business" because they think that it is a great way to beat the rat-race and never work a job again. But the truth is that not eveybody is cut out to "make it" on their own in their own business.
- are only motivated to start a biz because you hate your job - keep your job or get another one.
- are not self-motivated - get a job
- need to be told what to do - get a job
- need the security that comes with having someone cut you a paycheck so that you are sure to get paid ever 2 weeks - get a job
- are easily persuaded to believe such things as "Make $5,000.00 a week in your Jammies!" - get a job
- do not have at least $3k to use as working/investment capital for a business - get a job.
- you think that a realistic name for a biz op is "GoldMineProfitsGetRichNow.com - get a job.
- you cannot take the ups and downs and instability of business (having money today, making no money the next, making some money the next day, having to start over from scratch and so on) - get a job.
- are easily scared by the fact of not having a definite paycheck coming in on a regular basis - get a job.
- think that a credit card is the same as cash for capital - get a job.
- hate or are afraid of people - get a job
- are not comfortable with making decisions on the fly and/or having to change your plan midstream - get a job
- are not into testing, testing, and retesting - get a job
- just want to make money - get a job
- think that a viable business model is to be the lowest price and give away things for practically nothing just becasue you love to get things for free or for cheap - get a job
- think that owning/running a small business is easier than having to deal witha boss - get a job
- think that owning a busines is less work than an 80 hour a week job - get an 60 hour a week job and keep it.
- are easily scared and are prone to lose sleep over lack of money - get a job
- cannot plan and set realistic goals and stick to them and/or do not know how to or are uncomfortable with changing said plans/goals midstream becasue you have to - get a job.
- are afraid of failure - get a job.
I can go on and on, but you get the picture, I hope. And sorry if I sound rude, but i do not mean to me. I am in a hurry and furthermore, if you read a couple of threads south you will see that I am thoroughly disgusted and irritated right now.
> Thank you for sharing your experience with Primerica. Are you involved in
> a business that you could recommend?
PCRM is actually PETA - A Scam - Do NOT be fooled!
|| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ||
FIB - Scams 101 - Ye Olde Archives is maintained with WebBBS 3.11.
| PLEASE READ THIS LEGAL NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU FILE A LAWSUIT OR EVEN WASTE TIME THINKING ABOUT IT. It has been done before, but never successfully. In fact, the last dodobird who tried it ended up being ordered to pay more than $77,000 in attorney fees ($65,000+ to my attorneys and $12,000+ to my co-defendant's legal advisor).
If your attorney is worth his salt, he's going to tell you that the expense of filing a lawsuit you can't win is a whole lot worse than any "damages" resulting from messages posted on this insignificant little chunk of cyberspace.
NEWS FLASH: I didn't just climb down off that ol' turnip truck yesterday. I'm well aware that expressing a negative opinion, relating one's personal experience, and restating provable facts are all legal in this country and do not constitute libel, slander, or defamation -- so you don't want to play games with me, and you sure don't want to start something you aren't prepared to finish. I don't take threats lightly, and I don't accept bribes (or did you call it a "mutually-beneficial arrangement"?). I'll turn you in faster than you can yell, "ARREST ME, I'M SCUM!!"
Do yourself a favor and turn your legal team loose in greener pastures.
Although we may, from time to time, monitor or review discussions, postings and the like on the Friends In Business (Scams 101) Message Board, we are under no obligation to do so. We are not responsible or liable for any claim arising from the content of any such discussions or postings or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You are likewise prohibited from posting any false claims against any company or individual. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
By posting messages and/or content on the Friends In Business (Scams 101) Message Board, you give permission for Lesley Fountain/Friends In Business/Shoestring Success Publications to display, distribute and use the posting and content for publication, advertising, promotion, excerption or example. You grant Lesley Fountain/Friends In Business/Shoestring Success Publications complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive rights to use, archive, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, sub-license, repurpose, rework, compile, or offer for sale or resale the messages, postings or content appearing on this site in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis without remuneration. If you cannot accept or agree with the terms of service for this website and discussion board, you are advised not to post on this board.
In closing, I would like to remind you once again that it is still legal, in this great country of ours, to express a PERSONAL OPINION, as long as it is presented as opinion and not as fact.
And finally, all you scammers out there will do well to remember that TRUTH IS AN ABSOLUTE DEFENSE against charges of libel, defamation, and slander... so if you're operating just a hop, skip, and jump ahead of the law, you might want to think twice before doing anything stupid... (AND SHAME ON YOU!!).